About the Peterson Center on Healthcare
The Peterson Center on Healthcare is a non-profit organization dedicated to making higher quality, more affordable healthcare a reality for all Americans. The organization is working to transform U.S. healthcare into a high-performance system by finding innovative solutions that improve quality and lower costs, and accelerating their adoption on a national scale. Established by the Peter G. Peterson Foundation, the Center collaborates with stakeholders across the healthcare system and engages in grant-making, partnerships, and research.
Reporting to the Executive Director and located in New York, N.Y., the Interaction Designer will focus user experience research into tangible and iterative interaction design strategies to enhance the Center’s products, programs and communications efforts. This position is on a one-year renewable contract.
The Interaction Designer will develop and execute user experience research at healthcare sites in order to develop key insights that can inform the design of the Center’s digital and content products. Developing concrete user personas and insights, he/she will translate this perspective into tangible design briefs and product/program prototypes via wireframes or program mockups. He/she will also apply core interaction design and consumer psychology principles to enhance the Center’s strategic planning and communications efforts, working cross-functionally to support the visualization of complex concepts and data that result from the Center’s grants and activities in the field.
The main responsibilities of the job include:
- Collaborate with program end-users, the Center’s staff, the internal product manager and external developers throughout the design process
- Conduct user research and provide recommendations both in written and visual persona documentation, usage mapping, and user story forms
- Produce articulate and clear presentations and briefs on potential interaction models for the Center’s internal team and program stakeholders
- Produce with speed and iterative flexibility wireframes and prototypes of products and programs that can be usability tested online or via face-to-face user interviews and usability tests
- Collaborate project-to-project with the Center’s internal Product Manager to define key user task flows and UI specifications for documentation for product development sprints with external developers
- Collaborate with the Center’s internal Product Manager and external developers during product development sprints to run early usability tests and rapidly iterate on aspects of the product design that are problematic and require resolution
- Strategize and develop branding, positioning, and launch marketing strategies to maximize user adoption and mass distribution
- Translate internal reports and insights into data visuals to support internal grant and communication teams
- Work with internal staff to translate complex theoretical and systems thinking perspectives into presentation assets for non-healthcare audiences
The ideal candidate will:
- Be a resourceful and focused self-starter, comfortable with leading interaction design efforts
- Demonstrate expertise and speed with rapid prototyping UI using design tools such as Sketch, Atomic, Canva, Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop
- Possess a strong portfolio with both a clear interaction design sensibility and visual aesthetic. A portfolio on Dribbble or Behance is a plus.
- Have a strong track record of being able to work collaboratively on interdisciplinary teams across design, development, product management and marketing
- Effectively present and communicate scenarios, end-to-end experiences, interaction models and screen designs both in writing and verbally
- 4+ years of experience in user experience research and interaction design
- Bachelor’s degree in a Design Discipline (e.g. Interaction Design, Graphic Design, Visual Design, Communications Design, Product Design, Industrial Design, Human Computer Interaction, Information Systems)
- A compelling portfolio representing design projects across mobile and web products as well as offline and online interactions
- Healthcare experience a plus
We are a dynamic, growing organization that embraces critical thinking, problem solving and innovative ideas. If you have relevant experience and qualifications, please send your resume to email@example.com.