(Research and Identification)
About the Peterson Center on Healthcare
The Peterson Center on Healthcare is a non-profit organization dedicated to making higher quality, more affordable healthcare a reality for all Americans. The organization is working to transform U.S. healthcare into a high-performance system by finding innovative solutions that improve quality and lower costs, and accelerating their adoption on a national scale. Established by the Peter G. Peterson Foundation, the Center collaborates with stakeholders across the healthcare system and engages in grant-making, partnerships, and research.
The Intern will work conduct research scans, write concise summaries on the state of play with regards to key issues and potential solutions to improve healthcare as a vital economic sector in the nation, and provide support for managing the Center’s grant portfolio. He or she will report to the Manager of Research and Identification. This full-time position (40 hours minimum) is located in New York, N.Y.
The main responsibilities of the job include:
- Provide research support to the Center’s research and identification team and leadership
- Summarize important healthcare information and reports for both healthcare and non-healthcare oriented audiences
- Assist in the analysis and review of grant proposals and areas of potential investment
- Collaborate with colleagues from other departments on joint projects
The ideal candidate will have:
- Demonstrated qualitative research and analytical skills in healthcare, including the ability to quickly identify the essence of an issue
- Proven resourceful approach to problem solving
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills. Applicants should be able to develop and manage productive and collaborative relationships both internally and externally.
- Be highly organized with an ability to manage multiple priorities, adjust to changing circumstances, organize time efficiently and remain attentive to details
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced, fluid environment
- Experience taking initiative and an ability to work independently
- Master’s candidate
- Passion for and work experience in healthcare
- Relevant coursework in health systems, health management or health policy
We are a dynamic, growing organization that embraces critical thinking, problem solving and innovative ideas. If you have relevant experience and qualifications, please send your resume to email@example.com.