Associate, Analytics and Learning
About the Peterson Center on Healthcare
The Peterson Center on Healthcare is a non-profit organization dedicated to making higher quality, more affordable healthcare a reality for all Americans. The organization is working to transform U.S. healthcare into a high-performance system by finding innovative solutions that improve quality and lower costs, and accelerating their adoption on a national scale. Established by the Peter G. Peterson Foundation, the Center collaborates with stakeholders across the healthcare system and engages in grant-making, partnerships, and research.
About the Opportunity
The Associate, Analytics and Learning (A&L) will join the Center’s A&L team, an internal team that provides services in strategy development, analytics, learning and measurement to internal and external stakeholders. The Associate will co-develop, conduct and assist in the management of research projects that inform Center strategy and programmatic design for portfolio projects. This is a full-time position located in New York, N.Y.
More specifically, the responsibilities include:
Analytics, Research and Synthesis
- Conduct literature reviews, develop and implement plans for disseminating research results, assist in preparing and co-authoring articles, reports and presentations for internal and external use.
- Analyze existing datasets and survey data; create summary documents and publications; maintain data files and corresponding documentation of methods.
- Synthesize and produce clearly written outputs that integrate findings and learnings from Center funded projects and research using a systems thinking approach; highlight lessons learned for internal and external audiences.
- Provide technical assistance to colleagues and grantees analyzing shared data sets or collaborating on shared research questions.
- Build a network of colleagues doing similar work in other foundations and related fields; bring back promising practices from their work, and contribute lessons from the Center’s experience to them.
- Manage and guide research initiatives, including assessing areas of investment, helping determine appropriate methodology, managing research projects, and analyzing and summarizing study findings for wider dissemination and impact.
- Work with A&L staff to foster Center learning efforts, including internal assessments of organizational performance and external assessment. This includes working with staff to:
- Develop measures of impact for major programs and activities.
- Assess, evaluate and disseminate results of programs and projects.
- Assist A&L staff in preparing and refining internal and external presentations, both written and oral.
- Participate in staff presentations and presentations at research and professional conferences.
About the Successful Candidate
- Approximately two to four years of research-related experience in qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis.
- Master’s degree or equivalent education strongly preferred in epidemiology, public health or related health sciences field.
- Experience managing and analyzing multiple data sets, including complex, longitudinal data; experience with health insurance claims data a plus.
- An understanding of systems thinking and an ability to create frameworks and mental models to recognize the interrelatedness of a problem.
- Skilled at synthesizing and translating complex material into clear and simple language for multiple audiences.
- In-depth knowledge of mixed research methods, data collection and management, and data analysis and presentation to inform implementation and practice.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret professional journals and periodicals, technical procedures or governmental regulations.
- Demonstrated project management skills, including managing multiple stakeholders and timelines.
- Advanced Excel skills required; some experience with SQL, R and/or Python preferred.
- Excellent written, visual and oral communication skills effective with broad and diverse audiences.
- Ability to prioritize and manage large amounts of information to achieve results in a fast-paced environment.
- Intellectually curious with a facility for learning new skills quickly and effectively, such as analytical software and technology platforms.
- Desire to work in a highly collaborative and interactive work environment.
The Peterson Center on Healthcare is a dynamic, growing organization that embraces critical thinking, problem solving and innovative ideas. If this sounds like you, please email a cover letter and resume or nominations in confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Peterson Center on Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply for this position.